Saturday, August 10, 2013

Experience the good things in life

I have always wanted to help others specially the less fortunate ones because I believe that people have equal rights in life. They deserve to experience the good things in life has to offer. If only I have the power to change the lives of these people, then I would, but I fully can’t. So, I tried to think of ways that I could do to help them. One way is to expose myself into such worthy projects and activities. Well yes, maybe I cannot entirely change their lives through this but at least I could somehow change their views in life and help them realize that they are not alone in this world and a lot of people are just around the corner to help them.


In our school, the community extension services are usually facilitated by the professors, and the student volunteers assist the professors. On my part, aside from being an assistant, I also took the official photographer job. I was really grateful for the opportunity of capturing those precious moments. The people we were helping definitely love posing for the camera. Whenever they see the camera, they automatically flash a big smile. It was priceless. I was able to make them smile even in the simplest way. It gave me a different fulfillment, a fulfillment that I will forever treasure.
Looking at the captured photos of those special moments gave me a deeper realization about life – I am blessed. I do not have the right to rant about how bad my life is because it is absolutely not. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am blessed. It made me a stronger person. It made me a different person. It made me appreciate the simplest things in life. It made me realize how blessed I really am. Again, I am blessed and I am grateful.



My message is not only for those who want to volunteer but this one is for everybody. Most of us do not appreciate what we have because we keep our eyes closed that we also tend not to care about others. Outreach activities or community service programs serve as an eye-opener, so why don’t you give yourself a chance to be exposed to such activities and see the reality of life?  Let us do something sensible and worthwhile in our lives. 

Contributed by: Marizene V. Adriano
Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation Graduate Batch 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment